Senior Pharmacy Technician (MMT)
From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships. We believe that all our patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the-art technology, which has seen HCA Uk invest more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
- To provide a high standard of pharmaceutical services which consistently meet the needs of all service users
- To provide a safe and efficient pharmaceutical service to patients, consultants, nursing and others within the multidisciplinary healthcare team to a high standard
- To provide an effective Medicines Management service for patients
- To manage pharmaceutical stock in line with HCAI corporate policies
- To perform duties of the Meditech Poweruser for the Princess Grace Hospital pharmacy department
- To participate in the purchasing function of the department
This is a full time 37.5 hour per week position, with a starting salary of £31,972 (increasing depending upon experience and skills)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow relevant procedures for Medicines Management in order to deliver the service in a safe and effective manner.
- Responsible for the provision of the Medicines Management service to designated ward areas, which involves working in clinical areas unsupervised for some tasks.
- To assist in checking Patient’s Own Drug (POD) for the designated areas according to HCA procedures. This involves checking the suitability of patient’s own drugs, i.e. correct instructions on label, expiry date, re-labelling if necessary and gaining patient consent for using/destroying their own medication as appropriate.
- Transcribe requests for medicines onto pharmacy orders where they have been clinically validated by a pharmacist, and transcribe endorsements onto reboarded prescription charts.
- To participate in the purchasing of all pharmaceuticals into the pharmacy department to ensure optimal stock management
- To be responsible to supervise and maintain stock control within the department and across PGH and its facilities.
- To ensure an effective and efficient workflow pattern is in place in the dispensary and on the wards.
- To carry out any other duties at the request of the Pharmacy Manager
Skills & Experience
- BTEC National Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services or Equivalent
- Accredited Medicines Management Qualification
- GPhC Registration
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.