Senior Healthcare Assistant
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Holding a caring and professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Care Certificate
- NVQ Level 3 in healthcare, or apprentice in senior healthcare
Duties of this role include:
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with BMI policies and procedures.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a maximum salary of up to £17,500.00 per annum alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.