Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Grafton Manor provides highly specialised neuro-behavioural rehabilitation for men and women aged 18 years and older, with an acquired brain injury, including traumatic brain injury and strokes. The rehabilitation programme at Grafton Manor is particularly aimed at helping people who have experienced cognitive, behavioural and emotional changes as a consequence of brain injury to ensure they can access all areas of rehabilitation.
The site, set in a quiet village in peaceful countryside, includes an attractive, historic and purpose-fitted cottage called The Chantry, a flat and a studio flat. We also have two community houses situated in Kingsley just outside of Northampton. The split consists of:
Grafton Manor - 13 beds
The Chantry - 5 beds
Cottage, Flat and Studio flat - 3 beds
Community Houses in Kingsley - 6 beds
This established care pathway of 27 beds enables people with acquired brain injury to maximise their independence at any stage of their post-acute recovery journey.Our Staff Nurse role involves:
- Being a clear leader for the Nursing team and managing shifts
- Providing high quality care with patients suffering from acquired brain injury
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
- Promoting professional development within the team
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- Free meals while on duty
- Care first – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- An employee assistance programme
- NMC payment in full
- Sign on bonus - £1500 Welcome to Priory – either a sign on bonus or an e-voucher code for the Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
A driving license is essential as we are based in a remote area, and there are no buses to the hospital if you are on an early shift.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.