Ward Sister/Charge Nurse - Haematology
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Working in partnership with University College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, HCA UK at University College Hospital is a dedicated private facility offering expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses provide the highest quality of personalised care, at all stages of treatment for our patients.
Rated ‘Outstanding’ by CQC, we are continually investing in our facilities to make sure that our patients have access to the latest treatments and technology, including our advanced radiotherapy and JACIE-accredited bone marrow transplant service.
These are exciting times for the unit as we implement plans for service development and growth and as such we are looking for highly motivated, Sister/Charge nurse join our Haematology team and help us to continue to deliver and build upon, excellence in care and service delivery. We offer low nurse to patient ratio where you will have the opportunity to delivery exceptional care.
As a Sister/Charge Nurse working within oncology/haematology, you will be responsible for working in a supporting experienced nursing team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that oncology patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment. This will include meeting their medical, physical and emotional needs by effectively communicating with the patient and their families.
We understand that cancer care is a challenging field and our friendly team work closely together to adopt a supportive culture. As part of HCA Healthcare our team are offered emotional support and career development.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week on internal rotation to include days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £45,754 –£50,330 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus 9% enhancement.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively manage and develop a nursing team and provide professional and clinical leadership in the delivery of high quality, safe, cost effective care of patients, families and staff
- Work across the clinical area with nurses on a one to one/group basis to develop and enhance clinical skills and practice
- Deputise for the matron to ensure appropriate senior cover at all times
- Assume responsibility, as delegated by the Matron for the management of both human and financial resources within the ward in an effective and efficient manner
- Use clinical expertise and works in a collaborative way to extend the role of nursing to meet the needs of the patient, carer and family
- Acts as a role model to develop and encourage harmonious working relationships and professional rapport within the department and with other disciplines, departments and external agencies
- Adopt a team leadership style that motivates and empowers ward staff in attaining and developing high standards of patient care and professional development
- Manage clinical risk by ensuring all nurses take individual responsibility for the assessment of patient care needs and the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care within the ward
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin
- NHS or Private ward experience
- Passionate about patient care, respectful, responsible and committed
- Experience of mentoring and managing change
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.