Oncology Physiotherapist (band 7 equivalent)
London - KensingtonPermanent - 37.5 hours pw A bit about usBupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.About the area you'll be working inWe're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.What you'll be doingThis post provides assessment and treatment to a caseload of patients with oncological needs and also gynaelogical surgery and includes pre-admission and pre-operative assessment, post-operative intervention and appropriate recovery programmes. Although this position is responsible for oncology, it is part of a wider team including neurology and cardiorespiratory and you will provide support to each other as possible and as needed.What's a typical day?
- Be responsible for the operational management of the Oncological Physiotherapy service.
- Practise as an autonomous and accountable professional using reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessment in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each patient.
- To provide appropriate information, education and support for your client group and their carers.
- To obtain informed, valid consent on an ongoing basis which endeavours to keep patients involved in their own health care plan.
- To participate in discharge planning and liaise with external agencies in order to ensure a discharge that is safe and supportive of the patient's ongoing care and rehabilitation needs. This could include home assessments within our catchment area.
- To establish and maintain efficient communication within the multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external) to ensure a holistic and complete duty of care. This includes verbal, non-verbal or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
- To act as a resource of specialist advice for patients, clients and colleagues within the scope of your experience and knowledge.
- To participate in the overall day to day management and development of the Therapy Department and your area of speciality to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
- Degree/diploma in physiotherapy
- HPC Registration
- CSP Membership
- Proven experience and interest as an oncological physiotherapist
- Evidence of CPD specific to oncology
- Respiratory experience
- On call experience
- It is desirable to have a Lymphoedema qualification and experience of Lymphoedema management
- Experience working with post breast surgery complications and post gynaecological surgery care is also desirable
- Assertive, articulate and polite.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Interest in personal development & updating skills.