Clinical Nurse Specialist - ONcology (Head and Neck)
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
The post holder will provide clinical leadership which inspires, motivates and empowers nurses within the service and is responsible for effectively managing the financial resources, ensuring the optimal deployment of the nursing workforce to ensure high-quality patient care is delivered and monitored.
The successful candidate will have a background in Head and Neck oncology services, at a similar level.
This is a full time post, of 37.5 hours working, Monday to Friday 9-5, with flexible cover of late clinics.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £45,000 - £53,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide clinical advice in accordance with current evidence based practice.
- Develop good working relationships with relevant staff within the hospital.
- To provide support for newly referred patients and their families.
- To assess new patients in the clinical area, identifying their psychological, physiological, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs in relation to their disease and proposed treatment, providing a pathway of nursing care for the patient.
- Participate in the collection and evaluation of clinical audit within speciality.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registration
- Extensive experience within Oncology and Head & Neck
- ENB 237
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a small team, as well as part of the wider multidisciplinary team
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.