Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to providing excellent care and support
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Registered Nurses to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users in Huddersfield, Brighouse, Holmfirth, Meltham, Halifax and the surrounding areas.
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Furthermore, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
What to expect in your role
Our nursing services put the service user at the centre of everything we do. You must be compassionate and confident in your ability to provide excellent nursing care that protects the dignity of our service users in line with their personalised care plan.
You'll need to have excellent clinical skills, with a valid NCM pin number, and the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team. Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills are highly desirable.
- Salary of up to £30.78/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What do you need for this role?
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Your Local Team
Newcross Healthcare's Rochdale branch works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
Apply today and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.