Are you a Registered Nurse or Mental Health Nurse?
Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
If so, We have the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses to deliver high quality care to our service users in Cardiff and the surrounding areas.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, tailor your rota to fit around you, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, in a variety of care environments.
FlexiPay- with our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
As a Registered Nurse, you can access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation, meaning you'll receive a free uniform, free DBS check upfront and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
What can you expect from your Nursing role?
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as they choose as independently as possible.
It is important that the ideal applicant is compassionate and caring, providing expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead with dignity.
You'll need to have excellent medical skills, with a valid NCM pin number, and confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team. Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills are highly desirable.
Mental Health Nursing Role
As a Mental Health Nurse (RMN), you will be working closely with patients who can be anxious or confused so a calm approach is vital to establish rapport, whilst also providing support for family and friends who play a key part in their life.
In some instances there are also opportunities for RMNs to work with people with substance addiction, depression and challenging behaviour experience to work with clients in a more long-term capacity.
Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include training from Basic Life Support to Dementia Care.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £25.18/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront*
- Free uniform upon joining*
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
To apply for this role you will need
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Your local Team
Our Cardiff team is based at Park Place, the centre is just a short walk from the nearby Cardiff University and Cardiff Queen Street train station.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application and use the code NursePlatinum to claim your platinum benefits
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.