Theatres Practitioner - Scrub
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. We're the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.
As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
The post-holder is responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Surgeon during surgical procedures.
To ensure that professional and national standards are met in accordance to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), Health Professions Council (HPC) and HCA’s Code of Conduct.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures.
You would be working to prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon, as well as involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards.
Salary between £31,972 and £35,169 plus 4% enhancement
Working hours 37.5 per week
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Working with members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team following local protocols and standards
- Awareness of the effective management of resources within the department
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures
- Provide initial emergency care as required
Skills & Experience
- Current NMC/HCPC registration
- Experience in surgical practice
- Effective Communication
- Knowledge about surgical equipment.
- Sound Decision making process
- Team worker
- Positive attitude
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.