Director of Clinical Services
BMI Harbour Hospital in Poole is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Clinical Services to join their team of staff in the Senior Management department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or Registered practitioner / Diploma / relevant Health Speciality Degree/ Degree Level qualification
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by a registered qualification with the NMC, HCPC or GPC
- Willingness to work towards a higher leadership and management qualification
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability and HCPC Standards of Proficiency and the HCPC / GPC Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
- Professional experience across more than one clinical speciality or discipline
- Able to energise, shape and direct a team to maximise motivation
- Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- Able to develop effective relationships with senior personnel of other organisations
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for providing clinical direction and strong professional leadership to all Nursing and Clinical staff within the hospital.
- To lead and drive the delivery of excellent clinical standards of care, driving a culture of patient safety, clinical effectiveness and continuous improvement for the patient experience.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Clinical Services works with the Executive Director and Director of Operations/Operations Manager, to create and deliver the strategic, operational and business development plan for the hospital.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of labour via group agreed KPIs and the use of group standard tools, ensuring compliance with BMI policies
- Efficient use of resources across all departments and support Heads of Departments and Leads to achieve this
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.