Registered Nurse - Ward
Part-time Registered Nurse – Ward
BMI Duchy Hospital, Queens Road, Harrogate
Set in the outskirts of the beautiful spa town of Harrogate, BMI Duchy Hospital is 27 bedded acute private hospital offering a full range of day care, in-patient care and ambulatory care services.
As you may be aware, The Duchy is going through a major period of change and we are looking for talented Registered Nurses to join our growing team on the surgical wards as a result. We are looking for Nurses who will rise to the challenge of working in a turnaround site; who are innovative, adaptable, hard-working and caring; and who ultimately put patients at the heart of everything they do.
You will join a friendly, supportive team and will be employed on a part-time basis for 25 hours a week working a flexible shift pattern covering 7 days. This will include early, late and night shifts with overtime and enhanced rates of pay available on a pro-rata basis. We are also happy to consider full-time application for part-time vacancies and will accommodate onto our teams wherever possible.
Duties of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring that standards of patient care on the Wards are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures
- As a skilled member of the nursing team will promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors to the hospital
- Being an advocate for patient care, searching for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered to patients on the Wards
- Conducting yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) at all times
- Leading a team of nurses when required to support the Ward Manager and Sister
Qualifications and Personal Attributes Required:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing. Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Previous experience working within an acute hospital setting – preferably on surgical wards
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent) and experience mentoring students
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience working on busy surgical wards with varied caseloads and patients
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- HDU experience/ skills desirable
- Good team worker who is both punctual and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act on your own initiative to problem solve effectively making judgements in complex situations ensuring maximal patient outcomes at all times.
As you will be joining a hospital at a time of significant change you will also need to be energetic, proactive and driven to succeed as you join the hospital team on an exciting journey of improvement and investment.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare has committed to being a national living wage employer and offers a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Ongoing training and development via the BMI Academy including support for your CPD
For more information or to arrange a site visit and see for yourself the changes that are happening at The Duchy, please contact Gail Legg on 01423 567 136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org