Registered Nurse - Endoscopy
Careers focused on people
Spire Murrayfield - located in Edinburgh is looking for a Nurse to work within the Endoscopy Department. This role is based across both of our Edinburgh Hospital sites within a supportive and knowledgeable department, where our team covers a whole range of surgery including major orthopaedics, ophthalmology and procedures within our JAG accredited Endoscopy suite.
Spire Murrayfield was established as a purpose built hospital in 1984, conveniently located in the west of Edinburgh. In 2015, we completed a £1million refurbishment of our consulting rooms. In 2010 we opened Shawfair Park Hospital, a day case facility, based in south east Edinburgh. Our well established team thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive. Each of our hospitals practice some of the most advanced treatments supported by the latest generation imaging and diagnostic technology. This means we can offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, keyhole surgery, cardiology and cancer care. Caring for our patients is at the heart of what we do. We provide expert medical care in modern, well-equipped hospitals for all of our patients. Both of our hospitals have free onsite parking.
About the role
To provide exemplary planned care for patients requiring endoscopy procedures which could include colonoscopy, enteroscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, gastroscopy, flexible cystoscopy, bronchoscopy and hysteroscopy. Assist in the management and organisation of endoscopic procedures in a variety of hospitals and settings
Duties and responsibilities
- Assess patients' health and well being across a range of endoscopic procedures
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals' health and wellbeing needs
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Assist in the preparation and reprocessing of endoscopy equipment
Who we're looking for
- Registered General Nurse
- Understands a range of endoscopy procedures requiring job training, professional assessment to national occupational standards with a period of induction.
- Evidence of post registration continual professional development
- Customer facing experience
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.
Apply for Registered Nurse - Endoscopy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly