Asthma Nurse Advisor
Asthma Nurse Advisor
London E1 (Aldgate)
£22,128 to £35,000 per annum subject to experience (Band 5-6)
35 hours per week, also 21, 28 hours pw or bank nurse considered
- Are you a passionate nurse with a special interest in asthma looking for your next challenge?
- Are you interested in working with a team of nurses and physiotherapists that provide advice and support through a variety of digital channels?
- Do you have great ideas and want the opportunity to put them into practice for providing advice and support to people with asthma?
What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple. Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about maximising the opportunities for engaging digitally.
- Is not afraid to learn new platforms and develop their digital skills.
- Cares about the quality of services and takes pride in trusted, evidence-based advice & support provided to people with Asthma.
- Is interested in looking at data and insight and sees opportunity to create services.
- Is committed to making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives with asthma.
If this sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you.
We are committed to supplying the best possible experience to those who can benefit from our support, then translating this experience into financial support so we can continue to save lives. Our board and senior team are externally recognised for their commitment to digital innovation in achieving our mission.
What the role involves:
- To work as a member of the services team providing individualised information, advice and support to people affected by asthma and healthcare professionals who contact Asthma UK’s services.
- To respond to incoming calls as part of our ‘on demand’ helpline service, make call-backs to people who leave voicemail messages, and input relevant caller information on the service database.
- To respond to written enquiries from service users by email and other channels.
- To participate in other ways of supporting people with asthma using social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
- To contribute to content and publications produced by Asthma UK.
- Use multiple platforms, such as WhatsApp, to provide advice & support.
- You will also be required to feature in short videos for our website as directed by the line manager.
- Contribute to checking safety of content written for people with asthma and share insights from people with asthma to the rest of the organisation.
- Knowledge of key trends in healthcare, how to take advantage of creating products and services to support more people with asthma
This is a great place to work
At approximately 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
For more information and to apply please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply link now!