Theatre Opportunities - Grow your career at BMI Duchy Hospital
FULL TIME AND BANK THEATRE PRACTITIONERS SCRUB, ANAESTHETICS AND RECOVERY
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Duchy Hospital Harrogate has vacancies for FULL TIME AND BANK Theatre Practitioners and HCAs to come and join their team of staff in the Theatre department. We are looking for suitably qualified Nurses or ODPs and HCAs to come join us and work across a wide range of clinical specialities. Anyone offered a position can expect the opportunity to work across scrub, anaesthetic and recovery (dependant on qualifications) to help us to provide gold standard care to the patients we treat.
Full time posts are 37.5 hours per week with an expectation that when ready staff support the on-call roster.
For bank applicants we can offer flexible working patterns and shift times to suit all applicants – theatres at BMI Duchy work Monday to Saturday with lists starting at 8am until 8pm (except Saturday 8am-4pm). Bank workers are employed to cover gaps in the staff roster – as such the amount of hours offered cannot be guaranteed but we are often in a position where bank support is required – so please log in and apply.
Training and Support
BMI Duchy has a number of dedicated theatre staff who have experience and skills in clinical mentorship and education and are willing to support your development.
Interested in working in PACU? No problem – we have competency based training packs for all staff and we will be more than happy to support any professional development.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Up to date mandatory training certification and/or the awareness that BMI will ask and support you to complete all required training via the online BMI Learn portal
- Yearly appraisal with BMI
- Mentorship qualification – preferred but not essential
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
As qualified staff you will be aware of the skills required to carry out your role – however listed below are the qualities we would expect to see in the staff we employ and how we would want to see you working together as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient safety and best outcomes are delivered every time a patient enters the department. We expect the tenets for application of safer surgery to be applied at all times.
- Treating patients and colleagues with dignity and respect, and maintaining confidentiality throughout their stay in theatres.
- Delivering safe and high quality care for patients during their pre, peri and post-operative stages of their care
- Support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Identify risk and support the governance agenda
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Caring and Professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Demonstrate acceptable behaviours applicable when working in the operating theatre – respect colleague
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate, annual leave for contracted posts and additional paid annual leave hours for bank staff, other staff entitlements can include private health insurance (contracted only) a pension scheme and staff health checks