Clinical Practice Facilitator - ICU
4 days left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
The CPF is a key actor for the achievement of excellence in the delivery of evidence-based nursing care, you will provide up-to-date expert practical and theoretical advice to patients, families and colleagues alike, acts as a preceptor and coach for clinical staff
Be responsible for creating strategies for the induction, education and continuing professional development of clinical staff and is responsible for the competency assessment of clinical staff as well as staff compliance with mandatory training
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £38,000 - £50,330 (include Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and provide an annual education strategy for the ICU service at The Princess Grace Hospital
- Be able to facilitate, design and/or deliver education programme/session according to staff’s educational needs
- Assess staff are competent to undertake specific clinical skills within their own area
- Be able to challenge the practice of clinical staff at all level in order to promote a reflective environment and ensure staff comply with corporate, hospital and departmental policies
- To demonstrate an effective coaching attitude at all time in order to enhance the learning environment
- Demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be professionally accountable for own practice in accordance with NMC guidelines
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- First level registration at Diploma or Degree level
- 5 years post registration experience, 3 of which will have been in ICU
- Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.