Practice Based Educator - Nursing
BMI Edgbaston & Priory Hospitals in Birmingham are part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Practice Based Educator to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
An opportunity has arisen for a clinical educator post. We are looking for someone who posses a clinical qualification and is motivated to deliver education and training in clinical and classroom settings. The role will involve developing, implementing, delivering and facilitating teaching and learning programmes to support our clinical teams. Applicants will have post qualification experience of working in a clinical environment as well as experience in delivering, education and training.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse, Part 1 on NMC register or registered practitioner on the HCPC.
- Teaching / education and mentoring qualification.
- Sound theoretical knowledge.
- Demonstrates evidence of professional development.
- Knowledge of NMC and HCPC Codes and guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Demonstrates understanding of principles and practice of clinical governance.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of quality measures.
- Both punctual and reliable.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Duties of this role include:
- Take the lead and deliver for day-to-day training and education at site/cluster level and driving innovation and change.
- Support the BMI People Development strategy, developing staff to provide excellence and efficiency in care.
- Maintain and expand own professional knowledge and competence.
- To provide academic support and supervisory expertise underpinned by theoretical knowledge, skill and practical experience.
- To facilitate the development and implementation of innovative practice in line with current evidence, best and research based practice.
- Be the link person and develop strong collaborative links with higher education institutions.
- Identify implications for practice and create solutions in response to changes in service delivery and healthcare strategy.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a maximum salary of up to £35,000 and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.