Deputy Ward Manager
Kneesworth House offers purpose built services with medium secure, low secure, and both locked and open rehabilitation opportunities.
The wide range of care settings maximises the opportunity for patients to have step down pathways and move easily between care settings to whatever level of security is most appropriate for their care. In addition to ward-based living and activity areas there is patient engagement opportunity in varied occupational therapy facilities. Patients here report high levels of satisfaction. Four residential houses afford a clear step down pathway for patients.Our Deputy Ward Manager role involves:
- To provide senior nursing leadership to the ward nursing team in support of the Ward Manager.
- They will have a degree of clinical experience and leadership that provides expertise and confidence to the nursing team and ward overall.
- They will have defined delegated responsibilities from the ward manager.; have 1 days a week protected time for their deputy ward manager duties and have supervisory responsibilities for an agreed group of staff.
- First level Registered Nurse ( RMN/RNLD)
- Trained Mentor
- Clinical supervision experience essential, training is desirable
- Evidence of CPD and intent to maintain and develop CPD and leadership.
- Good computer skills
- Experience in Mental Health or Learning Disability Services
- At Least 3 years, or equivalent post registration experience.
- 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Sign on bonus - £1500 Welcome to Priory – either a sign on bonus or an e-voucher code for the Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
- A Group Personal Pension Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Personal Health Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.