Clinical Nurse Specialist - Uro-oncology
We are actively recruiting for a Clinical Nurse Specialist, (CNS) Uro-oncology
This role would suitable for a nurse with post registration experience in cancer/palliative care and experience in either junior specialty role or team leader/ward management role, AFC Band 7 or 8 A equivalent. A dedicated and passionate nurse able to support our patients with urological cancer and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers, both inpatients and outpatients.
The successful candidate will work within an established organisation based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service with access to all of HCA Healthcare UK fantastic benefits.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the most prestigious and respected private healthcare providers in London. It delivers world-leading cancer care to local, national and international residents and their families, by offering a range of onsite imaging and cutting edge treatment in surgery, SACT, Radiotherapy and Clinical Trials across a number of facilities. We provide services for all tumour types with specialist care from the top NHS consultants whom are also predominately based surrounding London teaching Hospitals, supported by teams of Clinical Nurse Specialists. This ensures strong links with the NHS and provides expertise for robust governance structures. We invest in our staff through continuous training and further education.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will work with the Urology Consultants leading the Urology Service in the Harley street area, providing expertise in Service development, education, research and patient care in the management of patients being investigated for and diagnosed with a Urological cancer. This role requires leadership and change skills to help create and maintain W1 Urology services as a centre of excellence for cancer care.
Salary COMPETITIVE depending on experience
Working hours 37.5 per week Monday – Friday 9am – 5:00pm (some flexibility required)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work cohesively with all members of the multi-professional team in ensuring that the very best services to patients are provided at all times.
- Demonstrate politeness, courtesy and sensitivity in dealing with patients/clients, visitors/relatives and colleagues, maintaining good customer relations. This will include provision of information and support to relatives/ carers as appropriate.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate programs of care, providing specialist advice and actively seeking evidence based practice which will improve the quality of care and meet the needs of urological cancer patients. A holistic approach to caring should be planned that will include the appropriate level of physiological; pathological; spiritual, socio-economical and cultural aspects which influence the care of clients within your speciality.
- Maintain, update and develop personal and professional knowledge and skills, using the Performance Review System, enabling standards of patient care to be monitored constantly and improved.
- Participate fully as a team member, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, including support staff to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
- Participate in the collection of audit and research data as required. Identify areas where local audit is needed, conduct the audit and analyse the data with support.
- Promotes patient and public involvement within the sphere of practice.
- Utilises patient and public experience feedback to drive innovation and change.
Skills & Experience
- Registered NMC General Nurse
- Significant post registration experience in cancer/palliative care and experience in either junior specialty role or team leader/ward management role
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Able to demonstrate specialist knowledge of patient group
- Knowledge of research and audit
- Ability to practice within the scope of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
About The Individual
You will be confident in managing difficult and emotional situations effectively. You will have the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines with the ability to inspire, lead others and influence change.