Healthcare Support Worker
You responsibilities will include working under the supervision of the clinical team, to assist with nursing, medical and clerical duties in the provision of direct and indirect patient care and associated general duties ensuring an efficient service at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in the provision of care to patients so as to ensure their comfort/safety needs are identified, taking into consideration cultural, religious beliefs, respecting values and respecting those beliefs
- Reporting to nurses any problems arising out of conversations with patients, acting as the patient advocate at all times
- Report patient’s condition when required and record observations of temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiratory rate, urinalysis, BM stix, pulse oxymetry, weight and height.
- Preparing dressing/procedures under the direction of the clinical team and for which instruction has been given
- Assisting nursing and medical staff when required with different procedures with supervision and competency.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care is desirable
- Good Clinical Skills like Phlebotomy will be an advantage
- Previous experience/understanding of working within Cancer care
- Experience of working with members of the public is essential
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English verbally and written