Registered Nurse - Surgical Ward
The BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital located in the leafy suburbs of North West London is BMI Healthcare’s Flagship London Hospital.
We are proud of who we are and what we do; the hospital is a great place to work where you will make a real impact on people’s lives every day.
Our staff make the hospital the very special place that is – and we are committed to nurturing and developing them to achieve their potential in their chosen area. The nursing teams are supported by specialist nurses including Level 3 ITU, theatres, spinal, colorectal, bariatrics as well as a joint specialist nursing post with Macmillan.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse – Surgical Ward to join their team of staff in the Airlie Ward.
We have 141 beds including ITU, General and Surgical Wards, Spinal and Orthopaedic, Day Surgery, Urgent Care Centre as well as our 5 theatres an Endoscopy Suite and an Ambulatory Care Unit. Not to mention ample free parking and a subsidised staff restaurant.
This is a role for 37.5 hours a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Registered General Nurse with experience in the acute care setting
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of current issues relating to nursing and health sectors
Duties of this role include:
- Deliver and supervise care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community
- Demonstrate compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical /technical knowledge / skill, and expertise
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience
- To identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care and services offered to our customers within the ward seeing through effective systems of documentation, quality standards, and resource management and allocation
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
We would not be able to offer complex medical and surgery care if we didn’t continually invest in our nurses. There is a great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit; it’s the career destination of choice. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.