Paediatric Staff Nurse Urgent Care
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long established private hospitals. We are an award winning heathcare provider with our hospitals being awarded as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the CQC.
Working within our inpatients paediatric wards will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to develop your existing skills. Our inpatient paediatric services are primarily available at The Portland Hospital for Women & Children and The Harley Street Clinic with outpatient services available at several of our other facilities.
The Portland Hospital is renowned for its clinical excellence with our paediatric inpatients covering a variety of specialties including (but not limited to) surgical, neuro-rehab, Gastroenterology, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) and general paediatrics. At The Harley Street Clinic, The Children’s Hospital brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-class paediatric consultants specialising in cardiac, cancer and neurosciences.
We opened our Paediatric Urgent Care centre earlier this year, where patients can attend the clinic for emergency consultations, diagnostic tests and minor procedures if necessary.
With ongoing funding, our paediatric hospitals continue to stay at the forefront of ground-breaking medical and surgical techniques and technology in the UK. Working here, you’ll receive specialist training in working with children and their families in order to provide them with support every step of the way.
As a Paediatric Staff Nurse working on our paediatric urgent care, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children. You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,630 - £35,822 + 9% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation package if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge. We have a comprehensive career development pathway in place for paediatric nurses that will help you to develop and excel within your career thanks to our investment in internal and external training programmes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity.
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care.
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed “best practice”.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse with basic paediatric life support.
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues and clinical governance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Ideally experience working within a paediatric A&E with experience in performing minor procedures such as plastering, wound care and performing ECGs
About The Individual
As the successful individual, you will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. You will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. You will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!