Telephone Pre-Assessment /Triage Nurse
London’s largest private hospital group, HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding Joint Ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams. This position will be based from our rapidly growing Contact Centre in Prestatyn, North Wales
To telephone triage patients prior to admission and liaise with the appropriate consultant and other health professionals where necessary. To identify potential risks or concerns that may impact on the patient’s admission and take appropriate action. This role is based in our Contact Centre located in Prestatyn.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week, however, flexible hours are also available.
Salary - £25,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package.
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for continous learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Assist in organisation of clinics to ensure smooth, efficient operations
- Ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- To maintain accurate records of patient care & charged keyed on to Meditech
- Organise tests and appointments both within and outside the hospital
- Provide patients with information regarding the management of their condition
- Administrative duties as required
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience as a nurse
- NMC Registered
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to lead and use one’s own initiative
- Computer literate and able to use clinical systems
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Able to work to pressure
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.