Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
At The Wilmslow Hospital, we diagnose and treat a range of conditions using some of the most advanced technology in the region, from our 3T MRI scanner to our state-of-the-art laminar flow operating theatres.
The hospital is made up of 13 consultant rooms; a full diagnostic imaging suite; 2 operating theatres and a dedicated women’s health unit.
Job DescriptionAs the Theatre Practitioner you will assist the anaesthetist throughout surgical procedures. You will be assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for all patients undergoing surgery, ensuring the preparation of drugs and equipment, checks and maintenance of machines, fluids and devices needed and pre-operative checks of patients to ensure a smooth handover from the ward nurse. This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week (Early & Late shifts, On Call and weekends)
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £26,000 - £29,000 (plus shift enhancements) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering a consistently high standard of patient care, utilising evidence-based practice.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures relating to administration of medicines, blood and blood products are followed.
- Ensuring that the patients comfort, dignity and privacy are maintained at all times.
- Maintaining a sterile environment within the operating theatre and ensuring efficient supervision of staff and resources
- Able to take the lead in an emergency situation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all incidents/accidents/near misses are appropriately recorded and reported in a timely manner
- Prioritising workload according to the needs of the department
Skills & Experience
- NMC/ODP Qualification
- Current NMC/HCPC Registration
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Experience in mentoring junior members of staff
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.