Theatre Healthcare Assistant
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
At The Wilmslow Hospital, we diagnose and treat a range of conditions using some of the most advanced technology in the region, from our 3T MRI scanner to our state-of-the-art laminar flow operating theatres.
The hospital is made up of 13 consultant rooms; a full diagnostic imaging suite; 2 operating theatres and a dedicated women’s health unit.
As the Healthcare Assistant within the Theatres department, you will be responsible for assisting the clinical staff in providing nursing care of the highest quality to patients. You will perform administrative duties as required, facilitating the smooth running of the department and will aid the patients journey and experience of being in a hospital.
You will also be required to provide Phlebotomy support where necessary.
The role will be based at an exclusive high street location in Wilmslow, Manchester, with service hours covering from 6am-10pm Monday-Saturday.
This is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £17,000 - £21,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide basic nursing care to patients under the supervision of trained staff
- Develop competence in carrying out basic observations and recording the results
- To notify senior staff of changes/concerns in patients condition
- Conversant with computer system (Meditech and Windows)
- Recognise own limitations and request assistance as necessary
- Monitor stock levels and order stock and non-stock items as delegated
- Ensure clinical areas are kept tidy
- Clean and check equipment, reporting faults
- Demonstrate a caring and supportive manner to patients and relatives
- Escort patients as required, either within the hospital or beyond
- Undertake administrative duties as required e.g. filing, making up admission/charging packs, patient charges
- Ensure all patient charges captured and entered on Meditech
- To wear correct uniform and appear clean and tidy at all times
- To support the team in ensuring Patient Satisfaction Surveys are given to all patients and collected prior to discharge
- To participate in phlebotomoy once adequately trained
Skills & Experience
- NVQ Level 3
- Healthcare Assistant experience within Theatres is strongly desirable
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Good spoken English
- Good basic level of education
- Health and Safety training
- Lifting and handling
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.