Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We are currently looking for an experienced and skilled Ward Manager to join our team and run our DBT-specialised Female Ward (Amy Johnson).
Amy Johnson is a 10-bed ward which provides expert, supportive individualised care to our female patients. We provide a specialist service which is dedicated to supporting females with personality disorders to help them manage their condition and acquire the skills to effectively manage their own emotions, be interpersonally effective and tolerate distress.
This wards specialises in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), which is a combination of CBT techniques and mindfulness. At its core, DBT allows the patient to find a balance between the opposite concepts of acceptance and change, allowing them to experience validation of their own behaviours and emotions whilst simultaneously understanding that to see a change they need to make skilled and deliberate changes.
As the Ward Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the ward and resources effectively, taking steps to ensure appropriate staffing levels and skill mix of nursing experience is in place for effective rota management
- Provide all members of the team with clinical supervision, appraisal, CPD requirements and mandatory training
- Ensure that all patients have clear care plans that reflect their personalised needs
- Actively contribute to the recruitment and retention of staff at all levels
- Ensure all clinical communication, records, reports and other patient related information is accurate and promptly delivered
- Undertake clinical investigations when required
- Actively contribute to patient therapy sessions (including DBT sessions)
- Medicine management and ensure all Registered Nurses undergo competency-based assignments as part of their induction
- Engaging with other members of the Ward and facilitate positive and efficient MDT working
- Participate in the Level 2 on call rota
Qualifications and experience required:
- Must be a fully Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Must be currently registered with the NMC
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory/managerial position
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer and organisational skills
- Show willingness to complete further clinical, managerial and leadership training
Some of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
- Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£1000 on joining, another £1000 after 6 month probation, and another £1000 after each year of service up to 3 years)
- Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
- Up to £4000 relocation Allowance
- Career Development through Staff Nurse Grading System
- Private Medical Cover and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, private healthcare, Shopping discounts)About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.