Palliative care nurse
Pulse is delighted to be working alongside a dedicated hospice based in Hertfordshire to recruit registered nurses to join their welcoming and caring team.
This hospice is a leading provider that delivers skilled and expert compassionate care to support patients with life-limiting conditions. We are looking for nurses who have an interest in palliative care and would like to join our passionate team to deliver excellent quality care to patients.
Palliative care experience is not required, training is provided. Newly qualified nurses can also be considered.
We would like to hear from nurses who have experience in a hospital/community setting, specialities include but not limited to; oncology, palliative care, general medical and surgical, accident and emergency, critical care and community/district nursing.
The hospice has a 12 bed inpatient unit offering a home from home environment for family to visit.
The main roles and responsibilities will include the following:
* The admission and welcoming of patients and family members to the hospice
* Identify and assess the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patients and their families to ensure a holistic approach to patient care is provided
* To become an integral part of the specialised multi-disciplinary team; working alongside clinical nurse specialists, physiotherapists, consultants, specialist registrars, pharmacists, bereavement counsellors and complementary therapists
* Promoting a harmonious environment within the hospice for patients, family and staff members
* On-going evaluation of nursing care and updating care plan as required
The salary would be at Band 5 + benefits and enhancements for nights and weekends.
What are the benefits for you?
Free onsite parking
Continued membership of the NHS pension for existing members or membership of an Aviva Scheme
Life Assurance (not for those in the NHs pension)
Employee Assistance Programme
Excellent training and education programme
To discuss this opportunity further, please do call us today on 0207 959 1016 or apply below.