Deputy Clinical Services Manager - Theatre
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Deputy Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- Experienced in acute nursing care.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Mentorship Qualification.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience working in an acute hospital setting in a Senior practitioner post or equivalent
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations
Duties of this role include:
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Act as clinical leader for the theatre Team and take responsibility in area of speciality e.g. anaesthetics, orthopaedics.
- Deputise for Clinical Services Manager – Theatre as and when required.
- Achieve objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Ensure that patient safety checks are carried out in accordance with the policy and that all practitioners adhere to the checks.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.