Sister - Charge Nurse - Ward
BMI Goring Hall Hospital close to Worthing, West Sussex is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With 59 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
The BMI Goring Hall Hospital is a mid-sized and busy acute care hospital that prides itself on the level of superb quality patient care it provides. At the hospital we have an inpatient ward with 22 beds, 2 extended recovery beds, a day surgery unit with 12 beds and a 4 pod area for local cases. Currently we offer elective surgery across many different surgical areas including orthopaedics, gynaecology, general surgery, scopes including flexi cystoscopy, ENT, diagnostics, cataracts and cosmetic. We have a friendly team that work interdepartmentally across the hospital and a very active social committee who organise regular events throughout the year. There is always an opportunity to further skills with the excellent training that BMI offer all staff members and career moves / promotion within all departments are often arising.
As a result of on-going growth at the hospital we have an exciting position available for an experienced Sister / Charge Nurse to join the ward based team at the BMI Goring Hall Hospital, West Sussex. We are therefore looking for people who share BMI Healthcare’s belief in providing the highest standards of care for patients.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experienced in acute nursing care.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to lead a nursing team, showing previous experience in leading a clinical team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills required.
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals.
- An opportunity for an experienced practitioner to deliver clinical leadership to the clinical team
- Previous managment experience is essential
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for day to day management of the Hospital Ward, and its staff.
- Providing clinical leadership in an effective and efficient management of ward resources, driving clinical excellence in all aspect of care received by patients.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- Responsible for leading and supporting the nursing team to meet all aspects of the clinical governance agenda.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.