Registered Nurse - Health Assessment
BMI Goring Hall Hospital in Goring by Sea is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Health Assessment department.
This is a Part time role for 12 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experienced health assessment nurse preferably with Occupational health and immunisation experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing. Or
- Registered Nurse Level 2 - Relevant Competencies for the role.
- Minimum 3 years post registration experience - Essential
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in delivering health assessments – Desirable
- Experience in providing health education and lifestyle coaching
- Experience in administering travel vaccinations and immunisations
- Completed Anaphylaxis training relevant to vaccinations and immunisations
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good team worker.
- Both punctual and reliable.
Duties of this role include:
- HEALTHFIRST is dedicated to providing corporate healthcare services to organisations across the UK. We care for organisations by assessing, improving and maintaining the health of their employees. HEALTHFIRST provides employees and individuals with advice, treatment and support; enabling them to maintain positive relationships. Whilst supporting cooperation, collaboration and maintaining high performance.
- Understand and support the various health assessments available for all patients utilising this service
- Carry out the nurse led health assessment tests without supervision but with support of the GP if required as part of the assessment, maintaining a professional and caring approach at all times
- Provide lifestyle and health promotion advice, based on information obtained during the patient’s assessment
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.