Endoscopy Lead Practitioner
Develop your career at HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group.
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 120 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a hybrid theatre to enable complex vascular surgery, a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
Our recently refurbished Endoscopy unit offers a full range of endoscopic services and is designed to combine a caring environment with world-class facilities with 8 assessment and 2 procedure rooms managing approximately 20 patients daily. Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures performed in the centre include capsule endoscopy, gastroscopy, EUS (endoscopic ultrasound), ERCP, cystoscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, neuro gastro physiology, PEG insertion and NJ tube insertion.
We are currently recruiting for an Endoscopy Lead Practitioner and we look forward to meeting you
As the Endoscopy Lead Practitioner you will play a key role in the management and development of the Endoscopy Unit. Formulating the strategy for the continued development and strengthening the unit will include the identification of quality issues and their resolution.being responsible and assisting the provision of high quality cost effective care; an education and development strategy for all grades of staff will be formulated to support the operational needs of the Unit.
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Salary : £40,000-£50,330 (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell up to an extra 10 days. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Closing date: 30/11/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the staffing activities within the unit operate to the required professional standard.
- Provide advice regarding education, training and manpower / skill mix. Adhere to NMC recommendations and directives
- Be accountable for policy, procedure and planning service development.
- Ensure the rights of patients' are safe guarded, by implementing and monitoring standards. Take appropriate action to review any aspect of the service that does not meet safe / satisfactory levels of care and put in place mechanisms for improvement.
- Raise profile of the Unit by promoting good practice initiatives.
- Provides managerial co-ordination of the nursing service in the Unit, working closely within the multidisciplinary team, arranging with the relevant teams as required.
- Adjusts any rotas, on a needs basis, to ensure the provision of quality care.
- To be involved in staff appraisals counseling, disciplinary or other interviews. Ensure that sickness levels are kept within guidelines, take appropriate action where necessary.
- Implement best practice standards (HTM 01-06), Royal College guidelines, GRS, JAG in endoscopy delivery.
- Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, and patient experience.
- Maintain an environment conducive to the safe delivery of flexible endoscope decontamination, prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Maintain CQC standards at all times, undertake departmental risk assessments, maintain plans for minimizing incidents, and report appropriately.
Skills & Experience
- Professional Registration (RGN)(ODP)
- Evidence of first line Management Training
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience in Endoscopy Unit as Sister / Charge Nurse or Manager/Lead
- Awareness and involvement in the audit process
- Degree / Diploma in relevant subject area
- ENB 906
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.