Orthopaedic Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
Our Orthopaedic Unit,situated at the large world-class hospital based at Tooley Street ,comprises of 28 beds, with an allocation of approximately 2 nurses to 8 patients. World-renowned consultants at London Bridge Hospital use the latest orthopaedic procedures to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumours and congenital disorders, and we have the necessary skills to deal with all stages of arthritis care.
We currently have a Staff Nurse position available within our Orthopaedic Unit
As a staff nurse within the orthopaedics unit, the core of your role will be to assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care, ensuring that the individual needs of the patient are responded to. This will involve tact and sensitivity when liaising with consultants, staff, patients, visitors and other internal/external departments whilst also consistently maintaining a high level of clinical practice.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week (Long Days, Nights, Weekends)
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,972 - £35,169 + 9% shift enhancement and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing procedures
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Decontamination of equipment and ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
- Proven nursing experience within an Orthopaedic in-patient ward setting.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.