Nurse Night Coordinator
Oaktree Manor is a low secure hospital providing care and treatment to adults (male and female) with a primary diagnosis of learning disabilities. Patients are all detained under the Mental Health Act and may have Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD); challenging behaviours; dual diagnosis including mental health and personality disorders. We have six wards which provide safe and therapeutic environments for the patient group . Oaktree Manor is in Tendring which is near Clacton on Sea , Essex and has good travel links to nearby towns such as Ipswich, Colchester and also London.Our Night Coordinator Role involves:
• Being responsible for the safe operation of all units on night shift.
• Embracing managerial duties that require them to respond to night emergency situations, and the deployment of staff.
• Liaising closely with the Director of Nursing to be responsible for the 24 hour continuing responsibility of an area.
• Develop recognized and acceptable standards of care affecting the night service and will be expected to work the occasional day hours to attend appropriate meetings, thus ensuring that policies and philosophies are being developed to reflect the full 24 hour service.
• Ensuring that both they and those staff working nights are fully conversant with existing hospital policies and procedures.
• Developing the clinical role of the night nurse practitioner, using reflective practice skills.
To be successful as Night Coordinator you’ll need:
• 2 + years demonstrable post registration experience.
• Experience of working in a supervisory capacity.
• Experience of secure environment and interdisciplinary teamwork.
• Experience of co-ordinating care.
• Experience of prioritising key tasks in relation to sphere of work.
• Experience of management of Health & Safety and related issues.
• Experience of report writing.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.