Clinical Trainer – Surgical Solutions
Date completed: October 2018
Job Title: Clinical Trainer – Surgical Solutions
Reports to: Sales Management
The Clinical trainer will offer in theatre clinical training and technical support for the range of ZEISS ophthalmic implants, liquids and consumables.
Primarily focused around the support, handling, and in-theatre training of ZEISS Intraocular lenses, the Clinical Trainer will deliver clear handling and injector instruction to ensure correct implantation techniques.
Working alongside the Clinical Application Specialists and Surgical Sales team, the Clinical Trainer will support both implant and consumable trials and national post award training where required.
Working five days per week the clinical trainer will be adaptable to support weekend theatre lists where required and will therefore be responsible for their own time management based on customer demand.
- Ability to conduct successful ZEISS surgical product demonstrations in a clinical setting
- Support the upskilling and training of Surgical Sales Team – IOL handling.
- Instructing Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeons, Nursing Staff and Key in-theatre stake holders on the priming and injection techniques of the ZEISS IOL portfolio.
- Flexible to travel nationally to support both local and national key accounts.
- Take ownership for training certifications and upload within ZEISS CRM
- Feedback and report on additional ZEISS opportunities
- Compile and support collation of competitor market data.
- Remotely support both National Key and local accounts
- Detailed understanding of clinical ophthalmology
- Detailed understanding of the anatomy of the eye
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders within a clinical, often pressurized environment
·Core Competencies ·Assured and confident trainer
- Customer orientation
- Cooperation and teamwork
- Good communication skills
- Good time management
The role is home based. Preferably situated within close, commutable proximity to London.