Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Edgbaston & Priory Hospitals in Birmingham are part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
If you are looking to develop your career and take the next step on the nursing ladder from a staff nurse then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The Priory Hospital has provided independent and NHS care to the West Midlands for over 35 years. In June this year we made the decision to amalgamate with our sister BMI Hospital Edgbaston. We are looking to build our cross site Birmingham team with dedicated and caring individuals priding themselves on delivering the best in care. With nine theatres, 100 inpatient beds and an Outpatient department seeing over 250 patients per day we are a busy acute hospital with our own ITU department treating a range of complex surgery needs.
We are looking for an experienced nurse who is motivated and hard-working wishing to develop their career. BMI offers a wide range of training opportunities and further development all relevant for revalidation. As a senior registered nurse you will be expected to take charge of areas and lead a team of nursing staff on a daily basis. You will be supported by the Ward Leads to develop your management skills. You will also be supported to improve your clinical skills in order to show clinical excellence within your team. There will also be opportunities to develop your skills within our ITU department.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered general nurse level 1/ Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Ability to manage a nursing team, when needed.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Good team worker
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all Patients, Employees and Consultants acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team.
- Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a salary of up to £32,000 depending on experience. BMI Healthcare also offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit please contact Charlotte Keates Associate Director of Clinical Services for BMI Birmingham, Priory and Edgbaston Hospitals at email@example.com