Deputy Ward Manager
Calverton Hill provides care and treatment within a medium secure environment for men and women aged 18 years and older, with learning disability and women with mental illness and/or personality disorders. This is a purpose built facility that consists of:
Medium secure mental illness and personality disorder service for women
Medium secure learning disability service for men
Medium secure learning disability
Our learning disability service is dedicated to providing innovative, high quality care, which will enable patient's recovery and re-engagement with the community.
What we are looking for:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed, enthusiastic and motivated Deputy Ward Manager for our two Medium Secure Wards.
The role of a Deputy Ward Manager is to lead by example and be a role model for the nursing team. We are looking for an individual who is able to support junior staff in their professional development, through excellent and effective clinical leadership, mentoring, teaching and sharing of knowledge and practice. Applicants must have a proven track record of effective nurse leadership.
• Registered Learning Disability Nurses (RNLD) or Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with an ACTIVE, NMC PIN Registration.
• Desire and motivation to work within a secure environment.
• If you are motivated, flexible and ready to take on a new challenge
• Would like to work as part of an established hospital, with a collaborative and supportive MDT, that provide a clear pathway for the patients in our care.
• Focused on patient centred care.
• Have a commitment to developing and delivering high quality care.What we are offering:
• Excellent Salary Structure
• The benefits of working within a large organisation, including reduced rates and access to new schemes: gym memberships, IT technology and private healthcare.
• The opportunity to extend your skills within other specialisms
• Sponsorship of professional qualifications - CPD Funding
• Leadership and management development
• Payment of NMC fees
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Full induction and training package
• Free on site meals
• Free parking
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care program