Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
The Manor Clinic believes that anyone struggling with addictive behaviours deserve the best possible support to make a strong and lasting recovery. We are a private treatment centre in Southampton that specialises in addictions such as alcohol, drugs, gambling and prescription drugs.
We also treat other mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, which you may be experiencing due to your addictive behaviours.
Our clinic's main building is an elegant Georgian mansion which provides a charming, homely and personable environment for receiving expert mental health treatment. Our close-knit, family feel allows for a flexible and informal atmosphere where your health and wellbeing are our priority.Our Registered Mental Nurse role involves:
- The role of the Staff Nurse is to work as an effective member of the Multi-Disciplinary team.
- Promote the best interests of the clients and carers and ensure that prescribed nursing care is effectively implemented.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe care environment.
- Exercise professional accountability and responsibility using professional skills, knowledge and expertise in changing environments and work within the scope of professional practice.
- Undertaking pre-assessments and co-ordinating admissions including taking payments for treatment.
- Providing Clinical support and care to service users with complex and enduring addiction and co-existing mental heal conditions
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess need and evaluate progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patient condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families / carers.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary team
- Participate in regular clinical and non-clinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested
- Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift co-ordination Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonable practicable a safe environment.
- Maintain a continued level of personal professional development in accordance to preceptorship and revalidation.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests, enquiries and suggestions.
- Helps to promote and to maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers
- Participate in clinical supervision and reflective practice at least monthly.
- Work in accordance with safeguarding adult and children policies and requirements.
- Ensure the requirements of the Mental Health, Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Standards are met.
- Adhere to Medicines Management policies at all times.
- Adhere to Priory Group policies and protocols and adhere to NMC Code.
- NMC Registered Nurse (RMN or RGN)
- RMN or RGN Diploma or Degree.
- Evidence of personal and professional development.
- Understanding of care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience with working with service users with various mental health needs.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good supervisory skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improve service deliver and outcomes for patients.
- To work collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information at all times.
- To effectively build trust with a consistent approach between actions and words.
- To take responsibility for issues and resolve them.
- Experience in ad