Senior MRI Radiographer
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior MRI Radiographer to join our team at The Princess Grace Hospital in London
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 127 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, as well as eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres.
In early 2017 HCA Healthcare UK and The Princess Grace Hospital opened a new GI Centre of Excellence. This exciting new outpatient facility offers a broad range of employment opportunities for clinical and non-clinical staff.
Based at 41 Welbeck Street, this purpose-built facility will provide outpatient services for a number of key specialities to The Princess Grace Hospital including; Gastroenterology, Colorectal, Upper & Lower Gastrointestinal & Hepato-biliary (liver and bile duct).
This state-of-the-art, modern healthcare facility based over six floors in a prime location near Marylebone High Street will help to support and grow The Princess Grace Hospital’s current Gastroenterology Unit, and be staffed by world-class Consultant doctors in the field. Facilities will include an imaging Suite equipped with CT, MRI, General and Ultrasound capabilities.
The Senior 1 MRI Radiographer will assist in the provision of an efficient diagnostic imaging service, working as part of the wider radiography team providing a high quality, professional diagnostic service.
- Working hours, 37.5 per week
- Opening hours 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday
- Competitive & Attractive salary, plus excellent benefits.
- Benefits: Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for converting your nursing diploma to nursing degree, learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out a full range of MRI procedures to the agreed standards of the department.
- Assist in other areas in the department such as x-ray and ultrasound to support the needs of the department
- Abide by the Health and Safety Code of the unit and ensure that all patients and visitors do likewise.
- Assist the Imaging administrative team in the course of their work
- Maintain a high standard of patient care and comfort and be patient focused at all times.
- To have highly specialist knowledge of specific procedures and practises.
- Work in an efficient and effective manner at all times.
- Appear on duty promptly and appropriately dressed and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- Carry out duties which may be considered necessary and consistent with the responsibilities of the post
- Report any untoward incidents and equipment failure to the area Modality Lead.
- Work unsupervised as and when required.
- Work using own initiative but be aware own limitations and seek guidance when necessary.
- Work flexibly based on requirements of service.
Skills & Experience
- Be a qualified Radiographer with Current HCPC registration.
- To hold a BSc (or equivalent) in diagnostic Radiography.
- Have competencies across at least 2 of the following modalities – MRI, CT, Interventional Radiology, Core Services
- Post Graduate qualification.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.