Staff Nurse - Haematology
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Private Care builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities which include; 28 bedded inpatient Oncology wards, 6 bed Haematology and Transplant unit, Day Case Chemotherapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Specialised Radiotherapy Unit & Psychology services
The Christie Clinic is actively recruiting Staff Nurses with interest in Surgical, Haematology/Chemotherapy or Oncology private patient cancer care wards. You will be responsible for working in a supporting experienced nursing team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment. This will include meeting their medical, physical and emotional needs by effectively communicating with the patient and their families.
As a Staff Nurse we understand cancer care is a challenging field and our friendly team work closely together to adopt a supportive culture. As part of HCA Healthcare our team are offered emotional support and career development.
With a friendly open-door management policy and a real team spirit, you will have the opportunity to develop your career while working alongside some fantastic experienced passionate professionals.
If you think you have what it takes to work in one of healthcare’s most challenging yet most rewarding environments then we are looking for you.
Permanent opportunities are available, full time role, part time hours will be considered. Working long shifts - 7.30-8.00 13 shifts per month, includes days, nights and weekends.
Competitive salary +shift allowance and full access to a vast range of exclusive HCA UK employee benefits include private medical healthcare.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a staff nurse on the ward you will contribute to the smooth operational running of the unit, acting as a role model for junior team members and supporting the development and delivery of a high standard of specialist nursing care.
- You will work closely with the ward sister, clinical nurse specialists and medical teams
- Act as a safe practitioner and work within the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct, ensuring that those in your sphere of responsibility do the same.
- Adhere to national guidelines are adhered to in relation to the administration of medicines, blood and blood products
- Participate in individual care needs of patients and develop appropriate care plans to implement and evaluate.
- Monitor patient care and interventions appropriately
- Recognise deterioration in patients’ condition at an early stage, (including neutropenic patients). Refer to the senior nurse and medical team appropriately.
- Attend IV/ chemotherapy drug administration training, complete workbook competence.
- Report and document adverse incidents appropriately.
- Initiate appropriate actions to isolate patients when required.
- Implement a holistic approach in the care of patients requiring infection control precautions.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
- Maintain ward area in stocked items, equipment and waste to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Promote and maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors, and colleagues.
- Apply resourcefully when making decision to maximise revenue without compromising patient care.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered nurse, with post qualification
- NHS or Private ward experience
- Pro-active team player wishing to pursue and develop a career in Oncology/Chemotherapy and Haematology
- Passionate about patient care, respectful, responsible and committed.