Imaging/Radiology Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; provides award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is part of HCA Healthcare UK, and is one of the largest private hospital in the UK with over 240 patient beds and circa 800 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Imaging department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE). Our Imaging team covers a wide range of procedures, including: Angiograms, Stent Injections, Balloon Angioplasty, CT-guided Nerve Root Injections, and Interventional Radiology Nursing.
As a Staff Nurse within the Imaging department, you will report to the Imaging Sister and will provide a customer focused high quality nursing service to our patients and service users. The role will require rotation throughout all of the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all of the imaging sites within The Wellington Hospital.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. The unit is open Monday to Friday from 09:00 - 20:00, with additional evening and weekend on-call required.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,972 - £35,170 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applications are received.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing services for all patients
- Become competent in all areas of Imaging Nursing, including assisting in Interventional Radiology cases, biopsies, imaging guided drainages and therapeutic procedures
- Share clinical knowledge with multi-disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical
competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities)
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children,
ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff
within the Department and the hospital as a whole
Skills & Experience
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration meeting PREP
- Demonstrate commitment to Theatre/Imaging nursing through CPD/protocol development within a
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Post Graduate qualification within imaging or another relevant area
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad range of effective communication skills and show
some understanding of how emotional impact, together with an awareness of our behaviour, impacts on others
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.