Breast Care Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; provides award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare. We have over 240 patient beds, spanning 3 sites, including a 50 bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit, the UK’s largest private intensive care unit and 3 Outpatient centres.
The newly relaunched Breast Care Unit provides a one-stop same day breast clinic to investigate and diagnose breast conditions in the course of a single visit. The unit has the latest imaging equipment and offers patients access to The Wellington Hospital’s triple assessment and mammography service providing expert care and diagnosis from a multidisciplinary team.
We are currently looking to recruit a Registered Staff Nurse to join our state- of- the art self-contained breast unit, based at The Wellington Hospital’s Platinum Medical Centre in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 7JA).
The post holder will provide direct care to breast and oncology patients who are attending for review, assessment or pre-surgical work up.
This is a Permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. Core hours are 9am – 5pm (Mon, Wed, Thus & Fri). 12pm – 8pm on Tuesday’s with flexibility as clinics can over run.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £32,000 - £35,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work clinically and closely with the Breast Unit Manager, Consultant Breast and Plastic Surgeons,
Consultant Radiologists, as well as surgical and oncology wards to ensure seamless patient care for
all patients attending the department
- Develop skills in counselling, patient triple assessment, pre- assessment, and nurse patient-
- Provide wound care reviews and drop in clinics for the breast cancer patients as well as chaperone
during a physical examination as a safeguard for all parties (patient and practitioners)
- Support the woman and her carers through her pathway of care, minor procedure management, pre-
assessment, and through diagnostic breast work up and post-operative car
- Act as a mentor to learners and junior staff including health care assistants on all aspects
of breast care
- Contribute to the application and evaluation of current nursing research into care as well as
participate in quality management and risk management processes
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with Breast Care experience
- Previous experience in oncoplastic and breast reconstructive with experience of care within an
outpatient setting would be advantageous
- Can demonstrate proficiency in phlebotomy, cannulation, speculum examinations and
vaginal/cervical swab taking
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the service and the
- Excellent interpersonal skills, who can work calmly in pressured environments
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.