Registered Mental Health Nurse (PICU)
Set within landscaped gardens, the safe and supportive environment of the Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal offers a comprehensive inpatient specialist mental health service for young people and adults. The service is dedicated to providing innovative, high quality care and treatment for service users with challenging and complex needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community.
Priory Cheadle is able to support a stepped care pathway providing seamless access into higher or lower acuity treatment to reflect the service user's changing needs as the progress towards recovery. This may involve service users moving through the range of services provided here at Priory Cheadle, including Psychatric Intensive care, acute mental health provision and rehabilitation and recovery services.ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
We are looking for RMN's on our Psychiatric Intensive Care Units (Willows, Featherstone and Pankhurst) or in our Acute units (Maple & Alder)In order to apply you would need to be:
- RMN Qualified
- NMC Registered
- Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Be patient centric and have a committment to delivering high quality care
- Possess fine tuned decision making skills
- Have an excellent organisational capacity and effective communication skills
- Be flexible and have a strong "can do" attitude
- Excellent salary
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Improved CPD application & panel process
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- Leadership & management development
- Support with your Revalidation
- NMC Payment in full
- Long service award
The successful candidate will undertake and manage direct patient care, having participated fully in the assessment, planning and evaluation of care needs. Undertaking the delivery of care, including individual and group sessions to agreed quality standards as prescribed by internal procedure and health legislation.
The Acute Team provide a multidisciplinary team approach for assessment and treatment, working closely with stakeholders and commissioning bodies to effect care pathways. They also work closely with the PICU Services on site and manage patient need and risk in an approriate ward environment.
You will allocate and oversee the work of junior colleagues and staff. You will also be responsible for the care, security and maintenance of equipment, drugs and other consumables on the ward/department.
You will have shared responsibility for the confidentiality, security and accuracy of patient records, data and information. Ensuring good quality patient documentation, which meets regulatory guidelines and statutory requirements.
Please apply through jobs.priorygroup.com or NHS Jobs
Our service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round therefore we are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts throughout the week at varying times of the day.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outc