Senior Staff Nurse (Paediatric Urgent Care)
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long established private hospitals. We are an award winning heathcare provider with our hospitals being awarded as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the CQC.
The Portland Hospital for Women and Children, is internationally renowned for clinical excellence it is the only independent hospital in London and the UK entirely dedicated to women and children.
The Portland Hospital have recently opened a brand new Urgent Care Centre. The service is open for patient consultations, diagnostic tests and minor procedures if necessary.
You will work with the Ward Sister and multi-disciplinary team members in monitoring and maintaining policies, standards of nursing care and staff development. You will deputise for the Ward Sister in the management of the clinical area this will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in emergency or unforeseen situations.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £35,673 and £40,401+ 9% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge. We have a comprehensive career development pathway in place for paediatric nurses that will help you to develop and excel within your career thanks to our investment in internal and external training programmes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good leadership skills and act as a clinical and managerial resource within the clinical area.
- Monitors patient flow through the department.
- Demonstrates specialist skills and knowledge within the Urgent Care Centre
- Undertakes relevant clinical skills within role requirements following training and assessment (eg venepuncture, cannulation, administrating medication, aseptic dressings, assembling equipment, maintaining infusions, wound care, ECG recording and other medical procedures.)
- Accurately observe patient’s conditions recording and interpreting clinical observations and initiate appropriate actions/ interventions. Discussing all concerns with the medical team.
- Provide patients/ families with information regarding the management of their condition.
- Demonstrate assessment skills and priorities unwell patients.
- Escalate all safeguarding concerns to the Safeguarding lead.
Skills & Experience
- RSCN/Child Branch registration
- Paediatric A&E experience essential
- Level 3 Safeguarding children training undertaken within the last 12 months
- Valid APLS or EPLS
- Phlebotomy training (Desirable)
About The Individual
You will act as a role model to other staff both in your unit at all times, acting as a guide to junior members of the team; facilitating mentorship and preceptorship programs when required. Creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients and their families is an essential part of this role.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!