Senior Staff Nurse - PICU (Golden Hello)
This opportunity will include our new Golden Hello bonus which will see you receive an additional months pay upon commencement and an additional months payment upon completion of 24 months service*
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ICU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The 9 bedded Paediatric Intensive Care Unit is provides expertise and technology of the highest standard. The service is provided by a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of Consultant Intensivists, Registrars, Nurses, and allied health professionals including dieticians, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
The unit is able to provide multi-organ support including the latest in cardiac, ventilator and renal replacement technologies. We care for level 2 (high dependency) and level 3 (highest level of 1:1 care) patients within a supportive clinical environment as well as specialising in complex cardiac and surgical cases, the unit provides support for all medical/surgical emergencies within the hospital.
Facilities include the availability of isolation rooms and 24/7 support from theatres, cardiac catheter laboratory and diagnostic services. The team provides clinical and advisory support for all patients within The Harley Street Clinic ensuring that all patients receive the best possible acute medical care.
As the Senior Staff Nurse PICU you will provide the highest possible care to patients, while being accountable and responsible for the nursing management of a designated area. This will include the supervision of staff and will see you working in a supervisory capacity, expected to be a role model for the team thus enhancing the patient experience, improving patient outcomes and contributing to delivering high standards of care and compassion at all times.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent post.
The projected salary range is: £35673 to £40401per annum + 9% enhancements, pension scheme, 33 days annual leave and more attractive benefits
In additional to the salary, we will also give you £3000pa subject to proof that you have completed the PICU 60 Credit Course Incentive.
Hours: Full time, flexible shifts on internal rotation (long days, nights, weekends)
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.We have a comprehensive career development pathway in place for paediatric nurses that will help you to develop and excel within your career thanks to our investment in internal and external training programmes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the provision of excellent, evidence based nursing care for the children and their families.
- Ensure that each child is assessed, and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated in negotiation with the family, and that this is accurately documented.
- To act as an advocate for the child and family ensuring the provision of appropriate information and support services.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- Ensure that discharge planning is commenced at the point of admission, liaising with the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary.
- Assist in the development and review of policies and standards for the safe use of equipment and any new equipment introduced to the department.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse.
- 60 credit Paediatric Intensive Care.
- Leadership or management training.
- Basic Life Support training.
- Proven clinical post graduate nursing experience in Paediatric Intensive Unit.
About The Individual
As the successful individual, you will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. You will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. You will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!