Recruiting Care Home & Nursing Home RGNs
Are you an experienced RGN currently working within a Care Home or Nursing Home and looking for the opportunity to work within the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group?
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation is the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provides comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability.
Join one of the world’s leading private healthcare providers for a fantastic opportunity to work with world class specialists, at the height of their careers who will support you in developing yours.
As a Staff Nurse you will be responsible for acute and complex patients, some with tracheostomies. You will work with a vastly experienced MDT to achieve progress, through agreed set goals. Our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit has 46 beds, based over 3 floors in the North Building, with a hydrotherapy pool on the ground floor and our nurse to patient ratio is 1:4.
This is a full time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week. Shifts include; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am (Mon-Sun) - Rotation and flexibility required.
The projected salary range starts from £31,630 per annum, plus 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top. This includes, mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs.
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy.
- To deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
- Rehabilitation or Acute Medical Care experience preferred
- Neurological and neuro rehabilitation experience is advantageous.
- Phlebotomy training desirable.
- You will be diplomatic and empathetic, with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities