Infection Prevention and Control Lead
BMI Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for an Infection Prevention and Control Lead to join their team of staff.
This is a Part time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner)
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- The candidate must demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Specialist knowledge to a level defined for that hospital (see separate level guide sheet)
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls
- Ability to manage difficult and complex situations
- Ability to provide or/and support staff in feedback of microbiological results
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- To ensure infection prevention is taken into account in all new business, new build and refurbishment.
- To ensure compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for CQC requirements in England and equivalent for hospitals in Scotland and Wales.
- The post-holder has a duty of care and personal obligation to act to reduce healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs). They must attend mandatory training in infection prevention and control (IP&C) and be compliant with all measures required to reduce HCAIs. All post holders must comply with the company infection screening and immunisation policies as well as be familiar with IP&C policies, including those that apply to their duties, such as hand decontamination, personal protective equipment, aseptic techniques and safe disposal of sharps.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.