Paediatric Staff Nurse Urgent Care Centre
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long established private hospitals. We are an award winning heathcare provider with our hospitals being awarded as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the CQC.
The Portland Hospital is internationally renowned for clinical excellence it is the only independent hospital in London and the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient specialties reflect this providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
We have recently opened a brand new Urgent Care Centre for Paediatrics and are currently recruiting for A&E experienced nurses to join us in providing excellent service in the unit.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an RSCN/Child -trained nurse ideally with A&E experience to join this service at The Portland Hospital. You will have opportunity to learn and provide rapid assessment skills. Clinically, this role will require you to assist and carry out minor procedures such as plastering, wound care and performing ECG’s. Furthermore you will provide advice and information to patients and their families, working closely with the multidisciplinary team.
Salary between £31,972 and £35,169 plus HCA benefits
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide high quality nursing care at all times.
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Assist in organisation of shifts to ensure efficiency.
- Ensure patients' privacy and confidentiality.
- Chaperoning and assisting medical staff when needed.
- Carry out observations, investigations and treatments as required.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order.
- Organise tests and appointments both within and outside the hospital if required.
- Provide patients with information regarding the management of their condition.
- Ensure correct labelling and transport of specimens.
- Maintain stock levels of supplies / equipment.
- Carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
- Escalate any safeguarding concerns to the Safeguarding lead nurse or deputy CNO in his/her absence.
- Act as a clinical role model for nursing and ensure quality care is given.
- Ensure the provision of appropriate support to members of the team.
- Act as a resource for students and junior colleagues, facilitating their development.
Skills & Experience
- RSCN or Child NMC Registered
- Level 3 Safeguarding children training undertaken within the last 12 months
- Basic/Intermediate Paediatric Life Support
- Phlebotomy and cannulation experience (desirable)
About The Individual
You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative. A team player, you will have strong organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and without direct supervision when required.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!