Breast Care Clinical Nurse Specialist
BMI Bishops Wood Hospital in Northwood and Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Breast Care Clinical Nurse Specialist to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This role is to work across two sites, BMI Bishops Wood and BMI Clementine Churchill hospitals responsible for all our Breast Care patients in their journey, from diagnosis to treatment.
The candidate will be responsible for continuing with our Breast Cancer support group giving our patients financial, psychological support etc, liaising with our consultants caring for our patients, acting as an advocate to ensure the patient is receiving the best care possible throughout their journey.
The candidate will support and train our junior staff and student nurses during their placement
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Experience working within a team model of nursing.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Understanding on workload and shift management.
- Patient and caring approach to customer care.
Duties of this role include:
- To plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects.
- To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
- To participate in MDT and ensure all patients are discussed to maintain rigorous health and safety standards to ensure all procedures at ward and unit level are consistent with set policies. Adhering to national guidelines, corporate and hospital protocols.
- To ensure a robust communication system is in place to disseminate information to essential staff and outside agencies.
- To ensure all patients attending the hospitals receive high quality care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.