Research Nurse Manager – Clinical Trials
Research Nurse Manager – Clinical Trials
The Medical Research Network is a unique Clinical Trials Support Organisation looking to employ an experienced Research Nurse Manager to be based in our head office in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for skilled professionals who can demonstrate they are flexible, adaptable and capable of lateral thinking, be self-motivated and able to work with colleagues of all levels across a range of organisations.
If you have experience in delivering an excellent, professional and customer focused service then this would be an exciting opportunity for you.
- To provide the clinical knowledge and expertise required to enable MRN to deliver Home Trial Support (HTS) projects safely and effectively, in line with MRN, Client and regulatory requirements
- To be the clinical care lead for named international projects, developing the homecare process with the sponsor/CRO
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creation of all nursing materials as defined in the project plan in-keeping with study specific protocols.
- Act as the clinical expert on home care for the named study, working with the Project Manager and nursing team to ensure clinical risk is identified and managed
- Provide clinical advice and support to suppliers in the delivery of HTS services
- Establish training programmes for nurses/phlebotomists for named HTS services
- Devise and deliver the supplier, CRO and sponsor training programmes for named studies.
- Participate in setting and maintaining standards of professional competence and current trial practices in all countries where the MRN is undertaking service provision in accordance with the country specific nursing Code of Practice and ICH-GCP.
- Assist with the identification and approval of HTS nurses on named studies.
- Ensure that all relevant information regarding patients / clients is recorded, reported and, where necessary, acted upon to communicate any changes to the Investigator, MRN, sponsor, nursing supplier and other team members as appropriate.
- Take the clinical lead for named studies on patient safety. This will involve being the nominated point of contact for sites and HTS nurses when concern over a patientâ€™s health status has been raised.
- Assist the referring Investigators and hospitals in planning a smooth integration of patient management from the hospital with that in the home in line with the study protocols.
- Establish and participate in quality assurance initiatives, including provision of clinical SOPs and supporting nursing team clinical supervision.
- Coordinate and manage the national teams of nurses and nurse suppliers, plus his/her own daily workload.
- Liaise with Vendor contracts team to identify ideal equipment for use in the home setting.
- Create supplies list or laboratory kit list, as per study requirements.
- Test equipment and assist with trouble shooting related queries as well as create user-friendly manuals on how to use the equipment.
- Report to internal audiences re the project status - weekly review of status and outstanding issues, safety concerns and risk analyses
- Attend study specific meetings or conferences nationally and internationally
- Report to external audiences re the clinical project status
- Establish and participate in quality assurance initiatives, including provision of MRN clinical SOPs and controlled documents.
Qualifications and Skills
- Registered Nurse or local country equivalent
- At least 7 years nursing experience
- Must have experience in either Homecare or Clinical Research, e.g. Research Nurse, CTA, CRA, PM or Team Leader, preferably both
- Proven success in co-ordinating clinical teams
- Experience within a commercial organisation is desirable
- Excellent nursing skills
- Knowledge of nursing home health care desirable
- Understanding of nursing provision in the trial environment
- Be familiar with ICH- GCP principles
- Competitive Salary
- Private Healthcare
- Bonus Scheme
- Career Development
Apply for Research Nurse Manager – Clinical Trials
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly