Deputy Clinical Services Manager - Theatre
BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Deputy Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- Theatre experience is essential.
- Experienced in acute nursing care.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Mentorship Qualification.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Previous experience managing a multi-disciplinary team.
Duties of this role include:
- Coordinate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the Clinical Services Manager – Theatre in the management of the theatre team.
- Provide safe quality clinical care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver safe quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- Act as clinical leader for the theatre Team and take responsibility in area of speciality e.g. anaesthetics, orthopaedics.
- Deputise for Clinical Services Manager – Theatre as and when required.
- Achieve objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Ensure that patient safety checks are carried out in accordance with the policy and that all practitioners adhere to the checks.
- Undertake the off duty and allocations in line with policy.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a salary of up to £42,000 and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.