Registered Nurse (Personality Disorder)
Set within landscaped gardens, the safe and supportive environment of the Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal offers a comprehensive inpatient specialist mental health service for young people and adults. The service is dedicated to providing innovative, high quality care and treatment for service users with challenging and complex needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community.Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal are opening a new Personality Disorder ward.
Would you like to work in a dynamic, psychologically-minded team? How about gaining therapeutic training, experience and expertise in working with women with complex mental health challenges?
We are looking for proactive, enthusiastic individuals to support the unit in delivering therapeutic care to the women on our programme.
We work with the most difficult women and support them through their care pathway back into the community. We have a strong care pathway via our medium secure, low secure and our new inpatient service for women with high dependency needs (HDU) opening later this year.
All staff take part in the therapeutic agenda by facilitating the group programme, delivering DBT skills coaching to service users and maintaining the behavioural milieu of the unit. As such, there is a comprehensive programme of training available to staff in Personality Disorder and DBT along with ongoing consultative support from the Ward Psychologist, Unit Manager and Consultant Psychiatrist to ensure the whole team acquire skills and understanding of relevant therapeutic principles.Those recruited to these posts will be expected to:
- Take an active role in the DBT agenda on the unit by co-facilitating therapy groups, supporting service users to complete therapeutic tasks, offering targeted and individual DBT skills coaching to service users.
- Conducting risk assessments with service users as required
- Providing the daily care and observations to service users on the unit
- This role would suit reliable, committed, forward-thinking individuals with a passion for working psychologically.
• RNLD / RMN Qualified - more specifically ward manager experience is essential for the role
• NMC Registered
• Experienced in working in a close team
• Excellent communication skills
• Be patient centric and have a committment to delivering high quality care
• Possess fine tuned decision making skills
• Have an excellent organisational capacity and effective communication skills
• Be flexible and have a strong "can do" attitude
As this role is to support service users with complex mental health difficulties, successful candidates would gain insight into working with multiple issues such as self-harm, eating difficulties, psychosis, trauma, attention deficit and autistic spectrum conditions. A wealth of knowledge, support and a pathway of personal and professional development will be available to motivated and aspiring candidates.
If you are passionate about offering high quality care to patients with mental health needs, and would like a long, rewarding and fulfilling career, then we would welcome your application to work for us.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each